This is a SUREFIRE way to help you to find more success when submitting your art to an Open Call!
- If the prospectus limits entries to five artworks per person,
DO NOT SUBMIT TWENTY.
- If the prospectus asks that file sizes not exceed 2MB in size,
DO NOT SUBMIT 15MB FILES.
- If the prospectus calls for mixed media artworks,
DO NOT SUBMIT PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY.
- If the prospectus asks that you rename submitted files to include the artist’s name & artwork title,
DO NOT SUBMIT FILES NAMED PHOTO(1).JPG
- If the prospectus has a submission deadline date,
DO NOT SEND YOUR ENTRIES A WEEK AFTER THE DEADLINE.
Whatever the prospectus says,
JUST FOLLOW THE GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING DIRECTIONS.